A DIY Science + Art STEM Activity
Courtesy, our friends at “Community Playthings”
Who: You and an Adult
When and Where: Anytime with adult supervision.
PetalPrints What: Fabulous Fall Petal Prints
- colorful leaves and flower petals
- wax paper
- a small rock , wood piece or “pounding tool”
- Take a nature walk or explore your garden to collect different leaves and flower petals.
- Arrange the petals on paper.
- Place a piece of wax paper over the petals.
- Gently pound the wax paper with your hammer type tool.
- The longer you pound, the deeper the imprint on the paper.
- Carefully remove the wax paper and shake off excess petals.
As summer changes to fall, celebrate the beauty of nature’s splendor with petal prints inspired by amazing seasonal splashes of color!
Learning through Play:
Honoring the adage,”Our world is our Canvas”, children will have fun hunting for nature’s treasures and then experiment by capturing the different shapes and colors on paper!
To find out how Full STEAM Academy integrates STEAM activities with our curriculum to enhance the learning experience go to www.FSAchildrensacademy.com.